To end homelessness in McHenry County one person at a time.
To reconnect homeless men, women, and children with the community by providing emergency, transitional, and preventive services and to raise public understanding regarding homelessness in McHenry County.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR SLEEPOUT FOR SHELTER – 2011
This fundraiser will be held in various locations throughout McHenry County. Campers participate by sleeping outside in support of creating awareness for homelessness. Campers are expected to collect pledges on-online to help raise $135,000! The money raised will go to support the programs and services McHenry County PADS provides to homeless and near homeless men, women and children. Homelessness can happen to anyone at anytime – Please dedicate one night to help people in your community!
This is a big project and requires alot help in order for it to be successful! Won’t you please consider helping in one of the areas below. The time committment will not be overwhelming and can be done independently!
SIGN UP TODAY and Make a Difference in your community!
At-Home Camper Recruitment
Rally Day Coordinator
SleepOut Promotion – Hanging posters, and spreading the word around various communities, dropping off information to community groups, businesses and churches.
For more information on how to get involved – call Barb Rupe at: (815) 790-0048 or Barb Swanson at:(815) 759-7144 or Christin Kruse at: (815) 759-7114.
email:[email protected] or [email protected]
CHURCH SITE VOLUNTEER INFORMATION:
Email: [email protected]
CHURCH SITE HELP ONLY NEEDS THE BELOW COVERAGE
- LATE Evening hours, overnight, early morning and weekend hours needed
Emergency Church Shelter Program:
- Pack sack lunches for guests
- Drop off at shelter of your choice by 6:30 pm night of distribution
- Pack sack lunches that include a sandwich, water or juice, fruit or fruit cup, and a snack. Lunches need to be dropped off at shelters, and set up assistance is always appreciated
- Clean-up crew (approx. 7AM – 8AM)
- Laundry – Pick up at site and return before the next week’s shelter day
- Guest supervision (11PM-3AM)
- Guest supervision (3AM-5AM) – start coffee
- Breakfast clean-up (5:30AM-7:00AM)
If you would like to volunteer please enter your information below.